Friday, October 2, 2020

Santa Barbara Escape

 I couldn't take another day of the heatwave in L.A. so I packed up a bag and headed to Santa Barbara for a three day work vacation escape.  When I left L.A. it was close to 100 degrees and when I got to Santa Barbara it was 79 degrees.  Heaven on earth.  It was great to see my mom and celebrate her birthday and I really enjoyed a couple of visits with my dear friend Lorie where one night we had a gourmet dinner picnic at Shoreline Park, another time we took an electric bike ride.  In between visiting I worked in the daytime.  Gotta love Zoom I can teach classes from anywhere.  

I ate a lot of McConnell's ice cream.

When I walked on the beach it was actually cool.  First time in weeks that I wasn't dying from the heat.  

We took a twenty mile ride from Lorie's house to Goleta Beach.  So much fun.


...until I hit a curb and flew off the bike!  Ouch!  I wasn't 50 feet away from Lorie's house, almost there but nooooooo, I crashed.

I won't show you the details but take it from me, I'm black and blue all over my body.   New bruises are still forming two days later.


But I still had a blast!

No comments: