Friday, November 24, 2023

Thanksgiving arrived...Christmas decorations up...Smokie's first Christmas with us

Woke up to this gorgeous sunrise (thanks to Smokie).  It's enough to make you jump out of bed and cease the day!



Later in the day, we got dressed, went to Mark's house and pigged out on a delicious meal that I forgot to take photos of.   I'm not going to eat for a week! 


I remembered to take a photo of the cake I made - Lemon with lemon cream cheese frosting.  Yum.

The next day we went to the Hammer Museum and got inspired by art:




This is one of the coolest projects I ever saw.  The artist went to all of the cities in Los Angeles and took dirt samples and made them in to square boxes that were then etched with scenes from the cities.  Wow!



Artist info:

Let Christmas begin!  We got the boxes out and decorated.  The house looks so cute.  And it's Smokie's first Christmas with us.  He approves :)




No comments: