Monday, January 20, 2014

FROZEN

Here's some FROZEN images taken at the Art From The Ashes/Photo L.A. event this weekend.  The materials in the ice are from reclaimed metal salvaged from the Station Fire.  Being an appreciator of abstract painting I've got to say these photographs really turn me on and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some paintings in my future based on these pieces.



The dark bar going across the frame is a piece of reclaimed metal. The round dot in the left corner is a piece of rust that fell off of the metal and froze in the water causing it to look like a rock.

These pictures look like landscapes to me.  I see a desert plain, a rock, mountains and the sky - all seen through a rain or snow storm.











This one looks like hot lava about to erupt.


1 comment:

Tammie Lee said...

very COOL ;-)


truly awesome!