Sunday, July 23, 2023

Vacation thwarted but not all was lost...

 Timing is everything.  Unfortunately our trip to Mammoth Lakes was cancelled because of a heat wave.  You don't want to go hiking in the mountains when the weather is 86 degrees and your condo doesn't have air conditioning.  When I booked the room the guy said we wouldn't need a/c.  That's because it's usually 75 degrees but when I saw it was in the high 80's we decided to have a staycation instead.  So...we went to the movies and saw:  "Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning" the first day and then went right back the next day and saw "Oppenheimer."   Funny enough we did NOT see Barbie but I did pose in the photo booth.  You couldn't help get in the mood for this movie because everyone was wearing pink.  Even me (unintentionally).


Day 3 we went to the Hammer Museum and got our art fix:




For size reference:

My parents used to tease me when I cut up and call me "Sarah Bernhardt."  She was the most dramatic actress of her time.  Here we are:

This artist is from Uganda.  I've seen many pieces of his art and am a big fan.

This photo was really powerful...
Especially when you read the description
Random photo that my phone took.  Pretty artsy fartsy!
Mary Kelly art piece.  Powerful - read the description:



These are close ups of a painting.


A close up of an angel sitting at King David's feet:

I loved the color blocks in the back part of this painting.  Reminded me of Mark Rothko.

Day 4 It turned out to be a lazy day.  We hung out at home and had a great lunch at The Great Greek on Larchmont and then went to Cake Monkey for baked goodies.  A food vacation day.


 

No comments: